We know trying to find a new dentist can be a daunting process for anyone. Whether you are new to the area, looking for a new dentist or have not been to the dentist in years; we would be delighted to see you. At your first visit we do a routine check of your oral health. This encompasses your soft tissues, your teeth and your gums. We can then discuss your treatment needs, aims and the options available. We hope to make the whole experience as relaxing and as comfortable as possible. There are often several treatment options available for your needs and we will discuss each option with you and any associated costs.
At your first visit we will;
· Ask about your general health, including your diet and use of alcohol and tobacco
· Make a record of the health of your teeth and gums, and any dental work you have had previously
· Carry out an oral cancer screen
· Find out your goals for your treatment
· Ask about your current routine for looking after your teeth and give advice
· Take radiographs of your teeth (if indicated)
· Create a treatment plan (if treatment is required) and explain any cost involved
· Arrange further appointments if necessary
Your 6 month NHS check up is free but you may also qualify for free NHS treatments. Criteria for free treatment is as follows.
· under 18
· under 19 and in full-time education
· pregnant or have had a baby within the 12 months before treatment starts
· included in an award of Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit guarantee credit or Universal credit
· named on, or entitled to, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
· named on a valid HC2 certificate
If you are struggling to pay for your treatment, you may be entitled to help with this as part of the NHS Low Income Scheme. This depends on individual circumstances. The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) website has more information about the NHS Low Income Scheme, including how to apply.